If you are an aspiring healthcare student aged 16+ then a Premed shadowing project in the UK, India or Thailand will give you hospital work experience like no other.
Please click here to read more about Premed opportunities.
Calling all IIIS, IVS & VS...200 healthcare professionals from across Scotland will be volunteering to present and network with you. Read more here http://medicmentor.co.uk/about/events-2/
CORPUS CHRISTI COLLEGE CAMBRIDGE SUMMER EVENTS 2017
STEM Women Summer School, Thursday 29-Saturday 1 July 2017
Following last year’s hugely successful initiative, Corpus Christi College is pleased to announce that it will again be hosting a three-day residential summer school for Year 12 women at all UK schools who are interested in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry or Engineering and are planning to apply to a competitive university in autumn 2016. Teachers are invited to notify eligible students of this opportunity. Further information on eligibility and how to apply can be found here.
Law Summer School, Monday 3 July –Wednesday 5 July 2017
New for this year Corpus Christi is pleased to announce its first residential summer school for Year 12 or equivalent students at state schools in the UK who are intending to apply for Law at university. There will be a series of lectures, social activities and detailed advice on preparing a competitive application and personal statement. Due to the limit on numbers schools may only nominate one student. Further information and how to apply can be found here.
The Lawyer Portal - in Official Partnership with The Bar Council & CILEx
A comprehensive new resource for aspiring legal professionals - written by qualified lawyers, with contributions from world-leading law firms.
Hospitality and Tourism
- The Swiss Hospitality and Hotel Management Universities (ranked the best in the world) all still have opportunities for students to start in July 17, October 17, or January 18, as these are not in the UCAS system, students can apply directly to keep their options open. For more details regarding the Diploma and Bachelor Degree Programs, please ask students to email me directly. Please remember to consider these opportunities during ‘Clearing’.
- For students who wish to experience studying overseas, or to gain an insight into the Hospitality and Event Management industry, Les Roches www.lesroches.edu Glion www.glion.edu and The Swiss Education Group www.swisseducation.com all have 1 and 2 week Summer Programs for students aged 16 and upwards. This could be 1 or 2 weeks in Switzerland, Spain, China, USA, London, or a combination of two countries. Students participating in these Summer Programs can use the experience as part of the residential Gold D of E.
- For the sixth year running, Burnett Global Education Ltd is organising an ‘Industry Day’ for Sixth Form students interested in a career, or in studying international business management, hospitality management or event management. This event will be held at Ascot Racecourse on Wednesday 28th June, 10.00am to 4.30pm and only a few days after Royal Ascot. The focus of the ‘Industry Day’ will be on Leadership and Entrepreneurship. This is free for students to attend, but they must email me to register.
- Burnett Global Education Ltd continues to expand and provide students with a broader range of opportunities. The Emirates Academy of Hospitality Management www.emiratesacademy.edu in Dubai is the latest university to be represented by BGE Ltd. The 3 year Bachelor of Business Administration (Hons) Degree program in International Hospitality Management offer students the opportunity to experience studying in the Middle East, and gaining experience at the Burj Al Arab, one of the most prestigious and recognisable hotels in the world.
- For students who wish to study in Australia, Blue Mountains International Hotel Management School www.bluemountains.edu.au in Sydney, Australia offers Bachelor of Business Degree programs in International Hotel & Resort Management and International Event Management. Scholarships are available to study at Blue Mountains with costs (tuition, living, accommodation, food etc) being as low as £12,000 per year if students are prepared to work whilst studying.
If students would like to attend any of the above opportunities, or have questions about studying or a career in international business management, hospitality management or event management, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Inspiring Futures has once again teamed up with The Medic Portal to bring two courses to Edinburgh in 2017:
- UKCAT preparation course – Sunday 11 June
- Mastering your medical interview – Saturday 25 November
The venue for the UKCAT course will be the Walpole Hall, St Mary’s Cathedral, Palmerston Place, Edinburgh, EH12 5AW. This is a very central venue, close to Haymarket Station. Lunch will be provided for all the attendees and any dietary requirements should be noted when booking.
All our events are open to both Futurewise and Non-Futurewise members and bookings can be made via - www.myfuturewise.org.uk/courses_and_events.aspx or by emailing email@example.com
LSE Open Day: 6 July 2017
The London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE) is
holding an Undergraduate
Open Day on Thursday 6 July for those interested in
joining the School in September 2018.
Further information is on the website. If any of your students would like to book an
individual place at the Open Day, they can do so online.