If you are an aspiring healthcare student aged 16+ then a Premed shadowing project in the UK, India or Thailand will give you hospital work experience like no other.
Please click here to read more about Premed opportunities.
Calling all IIIS, IVS & VS...
200 healthcare professionals from across Scotland will be volunteering to present and network with your students who are interested in:
· Veterinary Medicine
· Nursing & Midwifery
· Biomedical Sciences
at the National Medic Mentor Weekend on the 17th and 18th of June taking place at the University of Stirling: 7 different healthcare conferences at the same venue happening on the same day!
Please note that these events are likely to fill up quickly!
It is a highly valuable opportunity for your students to network with a variety of healthcare professions, learn about work experience opportunities and how to make a successful application.
Registration is £25 for the Saturday conference and there is an optional UCAS lecture available on Sunday for each specialty. Students can register on the Medic Mentor website and find out more about the events: http://medicmentor.co.uk/about/events-2/
All proceeds from the weekend will be used to support our UK's healthcare students with scholarships, elective bursaries, free training and educational initiatives.
CORPUS CHRISTI COLLEGE CAMBRIDGE SUMMER EVENTS 2017
STEM Women Summer School, Thursday 29-Saturday 1 July 2017
Following last year’s hugely successful initiative, Corpus Christi College is pleased to announce that it will again be hosting a three-day residential summer school for Year 12 women at all UK schools who are interested in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry or Engineering and are planning to apply to a competitive university in autumn 2016. Teachers are invited to notify eligible students of this opportunity. Further information on eligibility and how to apply can be found here.
Law Summer School, Monday 3 July –Wednesday 5 July 2017
New for this year Corpus Christi is pleased to announce its first residential summer school for Year 12 or equivalent students at state schools in the UK who are intending to apply for Law at university. There will be a series of lectures, social activities and detailed advice on preparing a competitive application and personal statement. Due to the limit on numbers schools may only nominate one student. Further information and how to apply can be found here.
Corpus Christi College Open Day Saturday 29 April
The College Open Day is for all subjects and aimed at all students in Year 12, or the equivalent.
Booking is online here.
The Lawyer Portal - in Official Partnership with The Bar Council & CILEx
A comprehensive new resource for aspiring legal professionals - written by qualified lawyers, with contributions from world-leading law firms.
Hospitality and Tourism
- The Swiss Hospitality and Hotel Management Universities (ranked the best in the world) all still have opportunities for students to start in July 17, October 17, or January 18, as these are not in the UCAS system, students can apply directly to keep their options open. For more details regarding the Diploma and Bachelor Degree Programs, please ask students to email me directly. Please remember to consider these opportunities during ‘Clearing’.
- The hospitality industry is changing. Entrepreneurship is one of the most popular options now with 40% students setting up their own business after graduating. Luxury Brand Management is now offered by many of the top Hospitality Management universities which attracts organisations such as Louis Vuitton, Valentino, Rolex, Hublot, and Porche etc to visit the campuses. Virtual reality and technology within the hospitality industry continues to expand. Hospitality is much more than you may think!
- For students who wish to experience studying overseas, or to gain an insight into the Hospitality and Event Management industry, Les Roches www.lesroches.edu Glion www.glion.edu and The Swiss Education Group www.swisseducation.com all have 1 and 2 week Summer Programs for students aged 16 and upwards. This could be 1 or 2 weeks in Switzerland, Spain, China, USA, London, or a combination of two countries. Students participating in these Summer Programs can use the experience as part of the residential Gold D of E.
- For the sixth year running, Burnett Global Education Ltd is organising an ‘Industry Day’ for Sixth Form students interested in a career, or in studying international business management, hospitality management or event management. This event will be held at Ascot Racecourse on Wednesday 28th June, 10.00am to 4.30pm and only a few days after Royal Ascot. The focus of the ‘Industry Day’ will be on Leadership and Entrepreneurship. This is free for students to attend, but they must email me to register.
- Burnett Global Education Ltd continues to expand and provide students with a broader range of opportunities. The Emirates Academy of Hospitality Management www.emiratesacademy.edu in Dubai is the latest university to be represented by BGE Ltd. The 3 year Bachelor of Business Administration (Hons) Degree program in International Hospitality Management offer students the opportunity to experience studying in the Middle East, and gaining experience at the Burj Al Arab, one of the most prestigious and recognisable hotels in the world.
- For students who wish to study in Australia, Blue Mountains International Hotel Management School www.bluemountains.edu.au in Sydney, Australia offers Bachelor of Business Degree programs in International Hotel & Resort Management and International Event Management. Scholarships are available to study at Blue Mountains with costs (tuition, living, accommodation, food etc) being as low as £12,000 per year if students are prepared to work whilst studying.
- If we have not done so already, we would really like to visit you and talk to your Sixth Form students about some of these great opportunities mentioned above. If you would like us to deliver a presentation, or attend a careers/HE fair, please let us know and we will do our best to meet your requirements.
If students would like to attend any of the above opportunities, or have questions about studying or a career in international business management, hospitality management or event management, please contact me at email@example.com